Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Direction

So I've find out some new things since my last post. Turns out that I lied somewhat in my last post, I said that I figured out to install Firefox remotely without any prompts. Well turns out that is only partially true. When the user tries to use the installed edition of Firefox it then walks him/her through the installer.

I decided to go back to my mock enterprise setup and try some other things with Server 2003 and Firefox. My thoughts in my last post were to somehow combine the efforts of MKaply's CCK and Active Directory to push a customized version of firefox. There are however a couple problems with this thought. Firstly, CCK creates an .xpi file that Firefox uses to customize it's features. Until I figure out how to bundle this .xpi file with the .msi file I have then this route is a dead end.

That being said, my next task is to look into FrontMotion's .Msi file and see if I can dissect it.

No comments: