Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Final Build

With my 0.9 build working properly (minus some small bugs) I am on my way to completing my final build. My .9 build had some very concerning bugs in it that I must fix for my 1.0 build. One of these bugs has to do with Wix and the way that Wix build scripts. To properly follow Wix formatting, Directory and Component identifications must be unique. Their id's should also reflect their name and this can be hard sometimes. In several area's of the Firefox folder there are folders called chrome or default. The way I've written my program is to take a random letter and attach it to the end of these folders . The problem with this is that if that 'random' letter happens to match anther 'random' letter then the program will not compile and a .msi will not be created. To get around this I have to figure out a smarter way of naming my folders but since they can sometimes be no longer than 6 characters, this could be hard.

The other bug that I have noticed in my program is if the user adds a '\' at the end of the directory field. This one is simple and should be easily fixed for my 1.0 build.

Lastly I'm planning on creating some error reporting so that if/when things do go wrong there will be some feedback for the user.

More soon,

No comments: