Thursday, April 3, 2008

Scratch that

Well totally ignore my last blog post. Most of it was psuedo code/theory and when it came to coding it just didn't work. Here is the problem, my first goal was integrate Mkaply's CCK extension into my program. Since CCK outputs an .xpi I figured I could write a static Wix script that would simply copy those files over and I'd be done. Problem is, like most extensions, CCK is dynamic which means that files change based on the installation. Sometimes a file will be there and sometimes it won't, for me to write a static script on this is impossible.

I've taken the same idea from my last post and changed it a bit. After several hours of work on a function I think I'm close to my goal. I've created a function in my program that recursively iterates through a folder and builds a Wix script dynamically. While I have the program creating the script properly, I have yet to test this. However if this does work it means that I can point this function at a directory and it will create a piece of Wix script for me dynamically based on that folder's content.

So far the code seems to work, I'll be testing more today.

No comments: