Saturday, April 12, 2008

Long Road

I began writing my final report this week. It sums up my learning throughout the course and the development of my project. After working on it for several hours I realize how much I've developed this semester. At the beginning of this project I had no idea how
I was going to make this work. I now have a good understanding of several technologies including .msi's, Wix and Xml.

When I started this project I had no idea what I was doing or how I was going to create .msi files. Soon after figuring out Wix I was able to create a Wix file that packages up Firefox. Then I was able to adapt that script to the newest vesion of Firefox. From there I was able to create C# code that actually creates a Wix script based on a Firefox installation. I never expected to get as far as I have with this project.

My learning throughout this course has not only helped me better understand Wix but it has actually helped me out in real life. I recently obtained a position with a company working closely with XML files. All in all I'm glad that I took this course and I hope to continue to work on my project in the future.

No comments: